“I just wanted to ask you which plus size women’s coat would be good to take travelling? We’re off to London and need something warm but easy to pack.”
I’m often asked questions like these, so maybe they can help you 🙂 We answer with links to our Plus Snow website but the same products can be found in Ski & Board Online too.
Hi Catherine, Thanks for getting in touch. It’s a tricky question with limited information but my favourites are as follows:
- 1. Raiski Asama Longline Jacket – This is a great, super warm winter coat and nice and long but the most bulky jacket. It’s got a 300g insulation fill so is super toasty. It will suit any cold weather condition including time in rain and prolonged periods out in the cold. The two way zip is a bonus handy feature of this stylish winter coat too.
- 2. Raiski Swan Longline Jacket – This is another lovely long-line jacket perfectly suited to travelers however this one is much thinner and a lot less bulky (with 100g of insulation which is soft and light) than the Asama jacket mentioned above and terrific for packing. A winner with many travelers for it’s pack-ability! This jacket will be suitable for a little drizzle and rain but not for prolonged periods and not for extreme cold. If it is very cold, you’ll need to wear an extra layer underneath.
- 3. Raiski Kikai Jacket & Cartel Brooklyn Jacket & Raiski Aveline Jacket– My three favourite all rounder jackets. Warm, versatile, lots of features, highly waterproof and breathable. Lots of pockets and features. Not too bulky but not super thin either. A good stylish choice that don’t scream skier but also perfectly designed for hitting the ski slopes. The fur is removable and the length is perfect, just hiding your rear but not too long to get in the way or create extra bulk in your luggage. Each jacket has it’s own styling and features so scroll through on each style to see if any particular feature rings your bell. The Raiski jackets are slightly longer than the Cartel jacket by roughly 1 inch although the Cartel jacket is not a short style. Sometimes it looks shorter on the model as she is quite tall.
- 4. Raiski Ascalon Jacket – This winter coat is a wonderful warm coat and more of basic style coat without as many internal features (pockets, powder skirt etc) so not as perfect for skiing or snowboarding as the ones in the above point. Has everything you’ll need to keep you warm and dry and the colours look fantastic. Not a ‘cheap’ jacket in any form and the outer material still has a lovely touch feel to it.
- 5. Thermal layers for under your jacket – you’ll need something!! We have a great new range in now
- We should also mention here that if you’re unsure which style to choose, you can always order two and then return the one which you don’t like as much. Our refund policy is designed to be simple and easy.
Hope this helps, let me know if there’s anything you’re interested in but I have missed out on highlighting or discussing. Sincerely, Monica 🙂Share this post