International Resorts Travel Information

How Do I Claim Tax Back At The Airport Before Going Overseas?

The Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) enable you to claim a refund, subject to certain conditions, of the goods and services tax (GST).

To claim a refund you must:

1. Spend $300 or more in one store (can now be in multiple transactions, no more than 60 days before departure).

2. Wear or carry the goods on board the aircraft or ship and present them along with your orginal tax invoice, passport and international boarding pass to a Customs and Boarder Protection Officer at a TRS facility OR if your goods are oversized (skis and poles), present them at the TRS office once you pass through customs.

3. Check out for more details of the scheme. Click here for a direct link to more information on the Australian TRS


Share this post