13th May 2013
Snow Forecast in the mountains this Week!
Forecast Updated: 4:59am 13/05/2013
Showers developing today ahead of a cooler change later in the day in the VIC resorts which should see snow falling overnight. Snowfalls should start in the NSW resorts in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
The remainder of the week should stay fairly cool with light scattered snowshowers on and off til Friday. There won't be heavy falls but it should be enough to create a light base for the snowmaking to use.
Another change around the 25th should see more light snow across the 25th-26th on the higher areas.
Looking long range there is good potential for a decent fall of natural snow arriving around the 31st May to 3rd of June. Fingers crossed this would be just in time to add to the man made cover for opening weekend.
10th May 2013
Harvey World Travel Surrey Hills and Ski & Board Surrey are holding an Apres Ski Event
Thinking about an overseas ski holiday? Click on the link below and come along to Harvey World Travel Surrey Hills' Apres Ski Event
7th May 2013
New and Exciting Things at Ski & Board Surrey for 2013
REWARDS PROGRAM - Finally we have developed a rewards program here at Ski & Board Surrey that we think will blow your socks off. Its simple, easy to understand and takes no time at all. Join our free Rewards Program and get 10% of any new full priced item you buy, back to spend on any item in the store next time you visit. It really is that simple!
CONSIGNMENT GEAR ONLINE - It's what we've been working towards bringing you for a while now, our consignment gear online! Bring in your consignment gear and pay $5 to have your gear placed into our online shop. You then get full online exposure and can from there 'like' or 'share' it on facebook for maximum exposure. We think it will work best for people wanting to research from home before coming in, as well as those who don't live in Melbourne, especially for items with a value of $100 or more. Great for your pre-loved skis or snowboard
GIRO GOGGLES AND HELMETS COMBO DISCOUNTED - To promote Giro Goggles arriving in store for 2013, we are offering a 20% discount on all Giro Helmet and Goggle combos sold in 2013. Dont miss this opportunity to get a fully integrated package that fits well, protects your face and offers outstanding performance. Click here to see our online range of Giro products in store now.
29th April 2013
Snow Season 2013 ...The Countdown begins at Mt Baw Baw
|2013 SEASON PASSES
Are you getting ready for winter?
Our 2013 Resort Entry & Lift Ticket Season Passes are now available!
Our lift tickets are cheaper than ever, so if you are planning on visiting us a few times this winter, get the most value by pre-purchasing now! All you have to do is jump on our website, fill out the application form and send it back to us...
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE
This winter you will be able to purchase your Resort Entry online before leaving home! No queuing at the gate, drive straight on through and enjoy more time on the snow! Our new vehicle recognition system means you can pre-purchase online before you leave or when you arrive if you have an internet device with you. You will also have the option to purchase your Resort Entry permit at one of two kiosks on your way to Mt Baw Baw - at Baw Baw Sports & Outdoors in Neerim South & at Erica Ski Hire. The other option is to purchase from a kiosk on mountain, but be prepared to wait in line during peak times!
Website details to purchase online coming soon...
We are very excited to announce that Kicker Snowboards will be sponsoring one of our terrain parks this winter! they will also be sponsoring our regular 'Faceless Feature Comp' - giving away a snowboard & bindings at each event!
The Mt Baw Baw 2013 Visitor Guide is hot off the press, looking fresher than ever and is now available to download from our website.Everything you need to know about Mt Baw Baw is in there - how to get here, things to do, places to eat and where to stay!
DOWNLOAD RESORT GUIDE
Call 03 5165 1136 to book
21st January 2013
2013 Early Bird Season Pass
Roll up, roll up as the 2013 early bird season pass is now on sale with just 137 days until the 2013 season opens. If you missed out on Hero Pass this is the next best thing!
With memories fresh from the spectacular 2012 season which saw over 4 metres of snow fall, and the hot hot sun now making you crave some cool relief, buy your season pass now so you're ready to go in 2013!
For $1229 for adults, $689 for children and full time secondary school students, and $775 for full time tertiary students, you will receive a lift pass that grants unlimited lift access at both Hotham and Falls Creek from Saturday 8 June through until Sunday 29 September 2013.
Payment for this great deal is due by 5pm 30 April 2013. Simply head to our eStore to purchase or download an order form. Please note as we require a copy of valid tertiary ID these passes are not available for purchase via our eStore, please download, complete and return order form.
QantasLink flights from Sydney are now on sale with prices from $189 one way. The flying season will run from 28 June - 8 September 2013 so book the whole kit and caboodle now to ensure you don't miss out.
28th October 2012
SSA AWARD MT BULLER LICENCE TO HOST VICTORIAN AND NATIONAL INTERSCHOOLS SNOWSPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Ski & Snowboard Australia (SSA) has today entered into a heads of agreement with Mt Buller to grant a five-year Licence to operate the Victorian Interschools SnowSports Championships from 2013 -2018. Mt Buller is also licensed to host the 2013 National Interschools event, which is shared on rotation with NSW.
SSA acknowledges and regrets deeply that there has been confusion within the School SnowSports communities over the past ten days regarding the location and management of the 2013 events and beyond. During this period, SSA has taken extra-ordinary steps in an attempt to avoid this becoming a public issue, including requesting all parties to refrain from any announcements until the contentious elements were resolved. This alone would have avoided much of the confusion. Unfortunately, this did not eventuate, resulting in justifiable criticisms from Schools and the broader SnowSports community.
In its capacity as the National Sporting Body for Snowsports, SSA sets out the following facts to clarify matters and give stakeholders, most particularly School Communities, clear direction and assurances.
- SSA holds documentation, which unambiguously proves SSA owns the rights to stage the Victorian Interschools and the National Interschools when held in Victoria.
- This is disputed by the SSDF. However, in spite of repeated requests from SSA, SSDF has failed to provide any documentation or any evidence to SSA that might refute or even throw doubt on SSA’s ownership. In the meanwhile, SSDF has entered into a Hosting Agreement with Falls Creek to stage the 2013 events even though SSDF does not own the rights, hence cannot sub-licence them to Falls Creek.
- SSA established the SSDF in 1999, in effect, as an independent management committee. The establishment of SSDF did not involve a transfer of event ownership rights by SSA to the SSDF, then or at any time since.
- SSA and the SSDF both hold copies of a previous Hosting Agreement that explicitly acknowledges SSA as the owner of the event, with SSDF as SSA’s licensee. The establishment of the SSDF and the granting of management rights are also articulated on the public record in SSA’s Annual Reports dating back to 1997.
In recent days, following SSDF’s precipitous announcement, SSA has sought to broker an arrangement, which would have resulted in an expanded competition format across two resorts. This dual licensing arrangement would have been an excellent result for Schools and the sport but would have required compromise from resorts and SSDF.
SSDF and Falls Creek rejected the dual licensing arrangement. Mt Buller would have agreed to the dual licensing arrangement.
Today’s agreement with Mt Buller has, as its cornerstone, a commitment from Mt Buller and SSA to contribute financially to the development of the sport rather than merely the management of the event. This will mean that, for the first time in 10 years, funding will flow to young athletes directly from the Event. This aligns with the arrangements adopted in NSW where considerable funds are distributed to athletes via scholarships for school-aged athletes and an annual contribution to a legacy fund for the sport.
Schools should feel confident that participation in SSA-sanctioned Interschools events at Mt Buller is within the sport pathway, will deliver entitlement to compete in the National Interschools and ensure a legacy to school-aged athletes. Mt Buller will separately provide Schools with detailed information regarding dates and scheduling.
Mt Buller has a proud 55-year history of hosting the Victorian Interschools SnowSports Championships. It is well equipped from an operational and logistical capacity to operate the 56th Victorian Interschools SnowSports Championships under this new management structure.
SSA has received considerable feedback, particularly from Schools, on this issue and thanks those who took the time to express their views. This has assisted in deliberations and the final decision.
For further information:
Michael Kennedy SSA CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
- As the Australian Snow Season comes to a close, keep an eye out for some great deals that may come your way. With reduced lift ticket prices and some great accommodation and lift packages, why not go skiing for the last week of the season at your favourite resort! The majority of resorts across the country will be closing next Sunday the 30th of September- more information can be found on their individual websites. Refer to the links at the bottom of the page.
- Mount Hotham and Falls Creek’s ‘Hero Pass’ is back for 2013. Just $749* for adults and $429* for the kids, you get to ski two great Victorian resorts on the one lift pass. Visit www.heropass.com for more information.
- Visit us in store for some great deals on 2012 outerwear, clothing and equipment. There a some great ‘Red Texta’ specials on in store and don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook for more special offers, and 5% of the RRP of current stock.
- Did you have things in store for sale through our consignment program? As the season is now drawing to a close, the time has come to collect any items which have not sold, as well as any payments which are owed to you.
- Still thinking about Heli Skiing in Alaska? There are still some spots available for March 2013. Speak to TJ in store or email email@example.com